Designed by Susan Johnson
Inspired by Robin Beam
Jumbo Double Sided Circle Pendant Trays™
Gluefoil™, Streuter Technologies,
Gluefilm™, Streuter Technologies
Cuttlebug™, Winter Jelly Emboss Folders, Provo Craft
Grungeboard™ Plain, Tim Holtz™ Idea-ology,
Acrylic Paint Dabbers, Ranger Industries,
Craft Iron, Clover,
Fine grit sandpaper
High Gloss Acrylic Varnish, Liquitex,
Preparing the Pendant Artwork:
1. Create a template for the bed of the pendant using scrap cardstock. Hint: ink rim of pendant, press onto paper to use as a template, trimming until it fits into pendant snugly.
2. Turn on Craft Iron to medium setting. Cut plain Grungeboard and Gluefoil to the same size (cut to specific size of pendant or with a larger piece to make multiple pendants).
3. Layer glue side of Gluefoil to Grungeboard. Place iron to Gluefoil; do not move the iron around, as it will cause the foil to move around.
4. Pick up iron; make sure the foil stays inline with the Grungeboard. Press down with towel or scrap paper, allowing the glue to cure and bond to Grungeboard.
5. Place Gluefoil/Grungeboard “sandwich” into embossing folder; move to area of embossed pattern that would look best in pendant. Emboss with Cuttlebug. Repeat the above steps for the other side of the pendant.
6. Trim as needed so foil will fit into pendant; sand edges. Note: some pendants are deeper than others. With a deeper pendant, cut a second piece of Grungeboard and glue with a piece of Gluefilm cut to size. With the foil fitting flush with the edge of the pendant, it will look even more “finished”!
Adirondack Paint Dabbers and Stickles Glitter Glue
1. Shake paints to mix properly. Dab paint onto Craft Sheet and paint in image with Water brush. Paint background first, then details. Make sure there is not too much water on brush, as the paint will tend to bead onto the foil surface.
2. Let dry. If needed, add a second coat as necessary.
3. When completely dry, lightly sand surface to allow some of the paint to rub off and create a vintage or distressed effect.
4. Dab distressed surface with Brown, Black Paint or White and allow to dry.
5. Mist towel with water and rub off excess black, brown or white paint to further age.
6. Use Stickles Glitter Glue to create an extra sparkle.
Paint metal surface with 1-2 coats of Acrylic Varnish. This will prevent paint or alcohol ink from coming off the surface.
Adirondack Alcohol Ink
1. Place Copper Alcohol Inks onto piece of Blending Foam (this reduces any “lint” that is left onto inked surface). Tap onto Jumbo Double Sided Circle Pendant Tray and let dry. Add layers of Alcohol Inks as necessary until desired color is achieved.
Putting it all Together!
1. Cut Gluefilm to size of pendant bed.
2. With heat tool or craft iron, heat pendant. Carefully place Gluefilm into bottom of pendant. The heated metal will melt the glue.
3. Immediately (and carefully) place artwork into pendant, pressing down to create a solid bond between the glue and Grungeboard bottom layer.
4. Tie ribbon on loop and then add an ornament hook and add to your Christmas tree.